Download Pre-Patched Pokemon Emerald Rogue GBA ROM
- Creator: Pokabbie
- Version: v1.2.1
- Hack of: Emerald
- Updated: October 6, 2022
Pokemon Emerald Rogue is a GBA ROM Hack by Pokabbie based on Pokemon Emerald in English. And it is now available to download. It was last updated on October 6, 2022.
Also, be sure to check out Pokemon Naruto Shippuden Advance Ninja Showdown
Ever wondered what Pokemon might look like as a Roguelike?
How does it work?
When you go on an adventure, all routes, encounters, and items are chosen procedurally based on your progress through a run.
After a certain number of routes, you will come across a random gym leader with a procedurally selected team of their assigned type; as you progress further into a run, gym leaders and other trainers will begin using more difficult setups for their pokemon.
You will have completed the run if you can make it all the way to the champion and defeat them!
When you finish or fail a run, you will return to a hub area where you can buy permanent items and catch new “starter” Pokemon to use in the next run.
As you progress through the game, more buildings/NPCs in this hub area will become available for use in preparing for the next run.
How long does a run take?
It can vary based on how thorough you are, but in the author’s testing, a complete run usually takes between 3-4 hours of in-game time.
The is a quick save option (REST in the menu) which lets you put the game down mid-run and return however be warned this does not allow save scumming.
- Randomly chosen routes
- Procedural items, trainers & wild encounters
- Hub area with unlockable buildings/NPCs
- Character customization
- Multiple game config settings e.g. prevent over leveling, trainer difficulty, double battle mode
- Seeded mode, with individual config settings (useful for multiplayer races)
- Galarian Forms
- Mega Evolution (In Battle)
- Rare legendary encounters
- Mart contents change as you progress
- Safari zone allows you to capture mons you have previously used on runs and use them as the “starter” mon
- Post-game settings (Can be accessed early if you can find the secret room 👀)
Subtle Changes from the base game
- Pickup/interaction text is an instance i.e. you can just spam A rather than wait out the fanfare
- Trade evolutions now just require the mon to be leveled up whilst holding the item (Link cable is used for standard trade evos)
- Friendship/Beauty evos are now just flat level 20 evos
- The battle engine has been sped up (Speed varies based on the importance of the encounter)
- The shiny rate has been drastically increased (Now is ~1/100)
Changelog v1.2 – The Quests Update
- Added quest system and a large collection of quests to get started!
- Rework HUB progression, now they are linked to quests
- Added some new HUB buildings/areas
- Added rainbow mode! A mode where any boss trainer (gym leader, Elite 4 etc.) can appear at any time and some placeholder gym leaders for absent types have also been added.
- Added Basic Scholarship option; when the option is activated in your bag and the money will be reset to defaults when you go on an adventure (for people who want a little extra racing challenge 😉)
- Added new windy leaf weather type for grassy terrain
- New title screen to idolize everyone’s favorite man
Expanded (EX) *This is the recommended version*
This version contains modern improvements e.g. new battle items, abilities, fairy type, physical/special split, etc. (This is based on RH-Hideout’s Emerald Expansion)
Just standard Pokemon Emerald battle mechanics with no changes other than those mentioned in Subtle Changes from the base game
For notifications on new releases, report bugs, and request features join their official Discord!