Download Pre-Patched Touhoumon World Link: Revised GBA ROM Hack
- Creator: AichiyaSANAE & Nyomu
- Version: 1.5
- Hack of: Emerald
- Updated: June 26, 2023
Touhoumon World Link: Revised is a GBA Rom Hack by AichiyaSANAE & Ryomu based on Pokemon Emerald in English. And it is now available to download. It was last updated on June 26, 2023.
Also, be sure to check out Pokemon Regis’ Origin
What is Touhoumon?
Have you heard of the bullet hell video game franchise Touhou Project? The one that has been on since the 1990s? The one with the wonderful music?
It has a lot of characters, with several factions of people, spirits, ghosts, youkai, and gods… “How about we substitute the Pokemon in games with the Touhou characters?” someone pondered one day. and then BAM! Touhoumon was created.
Noteworthy derivatives include Touhoumon Purple, Touhoumon Another World, Touhoumon Zoku Gensokyo Scenario, and Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced, among others.
Various versions of such hacks have been released over the years by different people, each hack falling into one of 3 distinct “generations”: 1.0, 1.5, or 1.8, the lattermost of which is the latest.
Aichiya Sanae’s original Touhoumon Another World and World Link hacks fall into the 1.5 category and are notable for their ambitious plot expansions and various other features, as well as a devoted fan base. Unfortunately, as with most 1.5 hacks, these hacks were notorious for containing a number of flaws. Most people avoided them outside of masochistic challenge runs or the like due to quirks like absurd level spikes, overinflated base stats, questionable map designs, and 4 Full Restores on nearly every trainer. Oh, and the puppets in these hacks are called “Boneka,” which is Indonesian for “doll.”
Now about Touhoumon World Link: Revised
World Link: Revised (henceforth referred to as WLR respectively) is the culmination of efforts over the past few years to not only patch up the plethora of issues that the original hacks had, but to reinvent the gameplay experience with a slew of modern mechanics and various QoL features across the board, with the intent of creating 1.5 Touhoumon hacks that can actually be considered decent enough to stand out from the crowd. What began as a few personal edits eventually grew into what the hacks are today.
- A new, updated cast of characters, up to Touhou 14’s roster
- All 411 Boneka obtainable in each hack without the need to trade
- B2W2 Repel system
- Boneka now have more polished-looking sprites, either from 1.8 or custom-made
- Colored natures
- Custom cries for all Boneka, taken from 1.8 Touhoumon hacks
- Custom-type effectiveness chart
- Day / Night system
- New soundtracks pulled from various other Touhoumon hacks
- NPCs that can change abilities, IVs, natures, and even teach egg moves!
- Physical / Special split with new moves to take advantage of it
- Reusable TMs / Deletable HMs
- The Faith type, also taken from 1.8 Touhoumon hacks
because dragon in touhoumon is awkward
- Typo fixes galore
- [WLR] Contests and the Battle Frontier are edited to take into account all the new changes!
- And much, much more!
A list of bugs can be found using the “Known Bugs” button in the “Useful Stuff” section below the screenshots, as well as over on the game’s Discord server.
Any bugs or glitches that aren’t already covered in the Known Bugs doc, feedback on the hacks, or general playthrough discussion can be done on their Discord.
- Game Freak / Nintendo: For creating Pokemon.
- ZUN: For being the mastermind behind the Touhou Project and its many characters.
- HemoglobinA1C: The original creator of Touhou Puppet Play, and spurring the wacky world of all subsequent hacks that would follow; also for creating the sprites for many of the characters.
- AichiyaSanae: The creator of the original Another World & World Link.
- AGSMGMaster64: The creator of World Link Deluxe, a hack with a similar idea to Revised but it’s 1.8; has been of huge help in the development of these hacks, such as being the author of a number of move animations and sprites.
- machomuu: The creator of Another World: Remix, an earlier attempt at cleaning up the original Another World, which served as the primary inspiration for Revised as a whole.
- Zeta Sukuna: The creator of Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced: Reloaded, which was another source of inspiration for Revised.
- DoesntKnowHowToPlay: Their version of the Physical / Special split is used here, as well as the method for enabling custom IV / EV spreads for trainers.
- haven1433: The creator of Hex Maniac Advance, a wondrously helpful program that was used to reorder the iDollDex in both hacks and implement most of the new abilities and moves, among many, many other things.
- Spherical Ice: For creating, among other things, the colored stat routine used in AW.
- DizzyEgg: For creating Dizzy’s Hacked Engine; was used to implement the B2W2 Repel system into WL, and also made the colored stats routine available for WL.
- HackMew: For creating Advance Trainer and eXtreme Script Editor (XSE); editing trainer teams and everything script-related was all made possible thanks to these programs.
- LU-HO: For creating Advance Map; as buggy as it may be, it still came in handy for editing maps, altering Boneka encounters, and went hand-in-hand with XSE for all sorts of script editing.
- Lunos, Kiy, usigusom, (), & 黒インク: For creating the party selection screen edit.
A more complete, up-to-date credits list can be found in the Readme.