Download Pre-Patched Pokemon Elysium GBA ROM Hack
- Creator: BlKaiser
- Version: 2.0 in Two Parts
- Hack of: FireRed
- Updated: January 30, 2024
Pokemon Elysium is a GBA ROM Hack by BlKaiser based on Pokemon Fire Red in English. And it is now available to download. It was last updated on January 30, 2024.
Also, be sure to check out Pokemon IRONéMON Red Kaizo Edition
This is a lore-focused Fire Red hack designed for casual players. It was developed several years ago, with ongoing content additions and fixes until recently. Therefore, don’t anticipate modern features. It can be time-consuming, especially if you thoroughly explore everything and engage in various side quests. The game is divided into two parts, labeled A and B. You’ll need to use save states to transition your progress from Part A to Part B (detailed instructions can be found below in the “Playing Part B” section).
In terms of the story, the game comprises a prologue, four chapters, and a brief epilogue. In regards to difficulty, it offers a greater challenge compared to traditional Pokémon games, though most players should not encounter significant difficulty in completing it.
This game follows the journey of a 16-year-old girl hailing from the serene island of Crysta. Her aspiration is to attain the title of Pokémon Champion, vying for one of the coveted eight positions in the finals held on the enigmatic island of Elysium. Little does she know, an ancient malevolent force, orchestrating a scheme that has been in motion for over a century, threatens not just her and her companions but the entire world itself.
Playing Part B
When prompted by the game, you will need to use your most recent save file (saving state) to continue the story in Part B. Depending on your emulator, you may need to rename or relocate a file to a different folder.
In terms of the storyline, you must transition to the new ROM after boarding the ship known as S.S. CHALLENGER. This should occur after you have obtained all 8 badges and participated in the initial rounds of the championship at Battle Colosseum.
- A mix of Pokemon, moves, and types up until Pokémon X and Y. Gen I, II, and III mostly but there’s a good number of Pokémon from the next generations like Hippopotas, Garchomp, or Galvantula (Check the online Excel file for the full list of obtainable Pokémon)
- Fairy Type-Pokémon & Moves (replacing old ones)
- Physical-Special Split
- A very few story-only related fakemon and fake moves
- Several Regions to explore.
- Side quests that reward you with rare Pokémon, moves, or special items.
- This game comprises two parts, namely the Main Game (A) and the Finale (B).
The Main Game unfolds primarily in the Rhea region, which serves as the central focus of the game, along with a smaller region named Savahnn. This section of the story encompasses Chapter 1, Chapter 2, and Chapter 3. The prologue, on the other hand, transpires on the idyllic island of Crysta.
The climax of the game predominantly occurs in several key locations, including the enigmatic island of Elysium, aboard a cruise ship, and a series of islands referred to as the Therian Islands. This segment is central to Chapter 4 of the narrative.
What to do
- Use save states to preserve your progress instead of relying on the game’s built-in save function. This method allows you to transfer your progress to Part B seamlessly. (In Visual Boy Advance, you can achieve this by pressing SHIFT+F1 to save an instance as a .sgm file)
- For an added challenge, consider switching the Battle Style to “SET.”
What NOT to do
- Don’t get hung up on completing the Pokédex. You can’t catch all the Pokémon, the focus of this ROM Hack is the story.
- Do not release Pokémon that were given to you for obvious story reasons, as this may lead to the game being soft-locked. Only release Pokémon that you have personally caught using a Poké Ball.
- At a certain point in the game, you will softlock if you release an obtainable Lapras before obtaining HM Surf. In very, very rare occasions, the player’s sprite (may) suddenly messes up. This can be quickly fixed by entering or exiting a building or cave or using FLY. This has been fixed but there’s still a very small chance you may encounter that bug.
- Sometimes in the player’s reflection palette on the water.
Please be mindful that there may be occasional spelling or language errors within the game, as English is not the creator’s native language.
- All Megaevolutions of the game’s Pokemon are now available
- Added new Pokemon
- Added alternate forms Pokemon
- Several existing Pokemon were made available to the player (like Charmander, Squirtle, Abra, Tyranitar, etc)
- Balancing issues: Items like Exp.Share, Lucky Egg and Rare Candies are available way earlier in the game.
- A couple of sidequests and places to explore were added.
- Move Tutors and in-game trades were enhanced
- New overworld Sprites and tilesets improvement
- New intro
- Menu graphical glitch fixed.
- A couple of spelling and grammar errors were corrected. (I’m doing my best with that one, trust me)
- Added Froslass, Probopass (removed Delibird and Sableye)
- Added moves: Dragon Pulse, Bug Buzz, Zen Headbutt, Ice/Thunder/Fire Fang
- Updated Pokemon attacks with the above moves.
- Improved animations for several moves (Flash Cannon, Dazzling Gleam etc)
- Fixed a messing sprite glitch on several occasions
- Fixed messed dialogue on several occasions