Download Pre-Patched Pokemon Energized Emerald GBA ROM Hack
- Creator: Land0fChocolate
- Version: v1.0.17
- Hack of: Emerald
- Updated: July 17, 2023
Pokemon Energized Emerald is a GBA Rom Hack by Land0fChocolate based on Pokemon Emerald in English. And it is now available to download. It was last updated on July 17, 2023.
Also, be sure to check out Pokemon Emerald’s Eight
Pokemon Energized Emerald is a revamp of Pokemon Emerald that offers an enhanced and expanded experience in gameplay, story, and graphics while remaining faithful to the original game’s theme. The objective of my changes is to amplify the game’s enjoyment factor while simultaneously delivering a satisfying and balanced challenge.
The most significant gameplay modification in Energized Emerald introduces the ability for Pokemon to possess up to three concurrent abilities, resulting in more dynamic and captivating battles. Players will encounter an array of additional mechanics during battles, surpassing the complexity found in traditional Pokemon games. Moreover, the game’s equilibrium has undergone a shift, with numerous Pokemon experiencing substantial advantages or disadvantages due to the multi-ability feature. For instance, Gulpin now possesses Corrosion, which not only grants it a previously unattainable ability but also enhances Poison moves to be super effective against Steel types. Furthermore, new abilities and moves have been incorporated to enhance Pokemon themes and optimize battle performance. Whismur’s Volume Up ability, for instance, amplifies the damage inflicted by sound-based moves, while Gardevoir can now employ Singularity, a new move that utilizes black holes for protective purposes.
Beyond battles, Pokemon Energized Emerald encompasses numerous quality-of-life enhancements. The necessity of teaching HMs to Pokemon in order to overcome obstacles has been eliminated; now, only the possession of the required badge and a compatible Pokemon are necessary. Additionally, the arduous process of grinding has been notably alleviated through the availability of potent vitamins, an IV-boosting service, and the option to purchase Rare Candies. Consequently, assembling an impeccable team takes considerably less time and effort.
See the lists below for more extensive details of gameplay additions and updates.
- The story has been revised with more ORAS elements, and it also continues after beating the Pokemon League with a brand new story!
- The overworld has been updated so players will see more bustling urban areas, more labyrinthian dungeons, and also brand new areas containing Pokemon not found in the wild in vanilla Emerald.
- All gen 1-3 Pokemon and their future evolutions and pre-evolutions are available in this game, for a total of 416 Pokemon.
- Many post gen 3 features from pokeemerald-expansion are in this ROM; Including physical/special split, fairy types, new moves, new items, new Pokemon species, regional species variants.
- All Pokemon from gens 1, 2 and 3 are accessible.
- Those Pokemon with post gen 3 evolutions and pre-evolutions have those available as well.
- Many regional variants of gen 1, 2 and 3 Pokemon are available.
- Non-Hoenn Pokemon are available after beating the Pokemon League.
- A total of 416 Pokemon species (not counting regional variants) are accessible.
- Pokemon can have up to 3 active abilities at once, dependant on their species.
- Many Pokemon have had their ability sets updated to better fit their theme and gameplay. Gulpin has Corrosion now, the Regis all get Filter and many more!
- Some vanilla abilities have been updated to make them more useful and compatible with the new multi ability change (listed below).
- Moves that work around abilities have been updated for multiple abilities as well.
- The Pokemon summary screen has been updated to show all of a Pokemon’s abilities and description with the A button prompt.
- New moves and abilities (listed below).
- Many gameplay adjustments to vanilla moves (Listed below).
- Changes to level up, Egg learnsets, TM learnsets and Tutor learnsets of Pokemon.
- Pokemon will attempt to learn a new move upon evolution.
- Hoenn move tutors can now teach their moves endlessly.
- New tutor moves added. The new tutor set is similar to what was available in future gens.
- A few Pokemon have base stat buffs to better fit their theme and gameplay:
- Treecko, Spheal lines have Attack and Special Attack swapped.
- Numel and Camerupt have more base HP.
- Dewgong has more base Speed.
- HMs have been removed and Pokemon can use the HM field commands without needing to learn the move. Only the relevant badge and a compatible Pokemon species are required to traverse obstacles.
- Pokemon EVs and IVs can be viewed in the summary screen by pressing the L and R buttons.
- Wild Encounters adjusted.
- There is a small chance for a wild encounter to be a double battle.
- There is a small chance to encounter a wild Pokemon a much higher level than others in the same area.
- Both Latias and Latios are available roaming at the same time.
- All Legendary and Mythical Pokemon can be repeatedly acquired.
- Repeatedly acquirable fossils.
- Level up requirements of many Pokemon have been tweaked. Starters evolve a little later. Pokemon with unnecessarily late evolutions (like the fossils) evolve earlier.
- Tradeback guy added. Provides a service for the player to trade Pokemon with themselves and trigger trade evolutions. He lives in Lilycove.
- Some Emerald changes have been reverted to how they were in Ruby/Sapphire.
- Steven is back to being champion and Wallace back to being a gym leader.
- Prof Birch is chased by a Poochyena instead of a Zigzagoon.
- Opponent Trainer parties have been updated.
- New opponent Trainer classes.
- Contests have been updated to take on the various changes:
- More Pokemon added to opponent lists, especially new Pokemon species.
- Opponents have updated movesets.
- Contest moves have been updated to be more like gen 6.
- More move combos.
- Battle Frontier changes:
- Opponent Pokemon list updated with new Pokemon, new items and new moves.
- Battle Palace is now inverse battle themed.
- Battle Dome has its move scores updated.
- Battle Factory has its opponent tips updated.
- Battle facilities give more Battle Points.
- Map layout changes, including new areas to explore that have new Pokemon (post game).
- New overworld sprites and graphics.
- Graphical updates to many existing overworld sprites and environments.
- Various story changes. Includes aspects from ORAS, though has an entirely new post game story.
- Gym Leaders do more:
- Roxanne trades evolution stones for fossils.
- Brawly can give a random shard daily.
- Flannery can EV train one of your Pokemon daily (or without limit after beating the post game story).
- Winona gives a rare berry daily. The variety depends on what legendary Pokemon you have in your party.
- Tate and Liza grant access to Jirachi.
- Gym Leaders have their own places to hang out in the overworld when they aren’t looking for a rematch.
- Item changes
- Quick Claw now increases speed by 10% when user is below 50% health.
- Vitamins give 20 EVs instead of 10. Also can give as many up to max usable EVs (252) to a Pokemon.
- Prices of various items adjusted.
- Nature Mints added.
- TMs from #51 to #99 have been added. They are similar to the gen 7 TM set (TODO: make list).
- TMs have infinite use.
- Existing shops sell more stuff, including post gen 3 items.
- New shops that sell more stuff, including post gen 3 items.
- More daily berry giveaways and of newer gen berries too. All berries up to Starf are repeatedly accessible.
- The Berry Master’s wife phrases for rare berries are now hinted at by NPCs in game.
- All item use, except for Poke Balls, is disabled from battles by default. NPCs don’t use items either. Players may re-enable items in the options menu if they wish.
- Deoxys is able to change forms by interacting with meteorites in the overworld.
- Groomer service to raise Pokemon friendship is added.
- IV buffer service added. Bottle Caps are used to trade for this service. A Pokemon can gain 8 IVs per Bottle Cap, or have all their IVs set to max with a Gold Bottle Cap.
- Better berry trees
- Yield rates have increased.
- Interaction with berry trees and soil patches is quicker.
- Rain waters berry trees.
- Ice types have their special defense boosted by 50% in hail.
- Number of Feebas spots is tripled.
- Removed badge boosts
- Doubled chance for special news bulletins, like sales, rooftop shop, etc.
- EXP gain has been scaled to level difference, rather like in gen 5.
- Mega Evolution is available after beating the post game and getting all gold Battle Frontier symbols.