Download Pokemon Vanguard RPGXP FanGame
- Creator: Ayrei
- Version: v2.3.16
- Updated: May 29, 2023
- Progress: Goes up to chapter 23, around 20-22 hours of playtime
Pokemon Vanguard is an RPGXP FanGame by Ayrei made using Pokemon Essentials v19.1. And it is now available to download. It was last updated on May 29, 2023.
Also, be sure to check out Pokemon Quetzal
“Where there’s light, darkness follows. Where there’s darkness, light follows.”
The life of a Pokemon trainer includes leaving home at an early age, collecting gym badges and Pokemon, and competing in the Pokemon League. It was what everyone hoped to be at a young age, and anyone could do it with such ease.
That was over 50 years ago…
Enter Ayrei, the first region to enter the Modern era. At this time, Pokemon Trainers are tasked with protecting the lives of both innocent people and Pokemon across the world. One cannot become or act as a Pokemon trainer without the proper training licensing. Against them, are the Renegades, those who claim the title of a Pokemon Trainer, yet oppose these modern laws and ideas.
You are awoken within this region, with no memories, no Pokemon, only a name. With nowhere else to go, you are invited to Vanguard Academy, a school with only one purpose, to train the next generation of Pokemon Trainers.
- New Region: Enter Ayrei, a region split into four separate quadrants each blooming with life.
- Regional Variants: Encounter new and unique regional variants (190+) of familiar Pokemon! Some of them specialize in nonexistent type combinations!
- Expanded Pokedex: With every Pokemon from Gen 1-8 Available, you’ll have a plethora of Pokemon to build your team out of!
- Story: Enter a new and engaging story that steers more towards an untraditional Pokemon story as it progresses.
- New Starters
- New Evolutions
- Expanded Pokedex
- Super Fans
- A Grind Free Experience
- Pokemon from Gen 1-9
- Custom player models
- One of the most epic and unique soundtracks you will encounter in a Pokemon fangame
- Upgraded UI
- Three Difficulty modes
- In Party Move Relearner (Like PLA)
- More Starters can be purchased at Pokemon Centers
- 30 Starters to choose from
- Side quests
- Nearly every available Pokemon has a buff or stat change
- Double Battle Only Mode
- All Pokemon Stats can be viewed in the Pokedex
- Enhanced Gen 4 Graphics
- And more!
- 2 new story chapters have been added, Chapter 22 and 23
- The level cap has been increased to 49
- 43 New Regional Variants/Species (199 Total now)
- 8 New story areas to explore
- 2 New side areas to explore
- Added Dens (See more below)
- New QOL feature, the Infinite Repel! Received either right after selecting your starter or by entering the Vanguard Academy Entrance or Koriko outside maps.
- Multiple Important Characters have received a visual update/redesign.
- 15 Regional variants have been given a major visual update.
- Encounter rates have drastically increased across the board. Switching off the Infinite Repel should make Pokemon hunting a quick process.
- The battle AI has been changed, enemy trainers should no longer select random moves.
- Dens are a new side content option for players to delve into, as well as a unique way to obtain rare Pokemon.
- Dens can be found all around the region, there are currently 20.
- Inside each Den is 1-3 strong Pokemon that you will fight against in a 2v1.
- After completing a Den, you will receive:
- Trainer Points
- Trainer Score
- The level 5 version of the Pokemon you fought, or a choice between them.
A full list of credits for development and resources used.
Ayrei – Lead developer, story, eventing, mapping, spriting, shaking and screaming in essentials.
Spriting – JaoCraftBr, Celestial Fearow, Chobbis3, Chobbis4, Pixeldust64, Givemeloop, Kana, Darkside Official
Mapping – Kurisutaru, IceGummi, Chobbis3
Beta Testers – ReintendoO, Jecotto03, CelestialFearow
Pokemon Essentials v19.1 by Maruno
SailorVicious (Formerly known as Heavy-Metal-Lover)
PurpleZaffre & Maicerochico
The cynical poet
Mashirosakura (Magearna recolours)