Download Pre-Patched Pokemon Soothing Silver NDS ROM
- Creator: HighFrequencyOcelot
- Version: v1.3.2
- Hack of: SoulSilver
- Updated: June 20, 2023
Pokemon Soothing Silver is an NDS ROM Hack by HighFrequencyOcelot based on Pokemon Soul Silver in English. And it is now available to download. It was last updated on June 20, 2023.
Also, be sure to check out Pokemon Black 2 Extreme Randomizer
This is an improvement-type hack with many quality-of-life changes and increased difficulty.
- Galarian forms
- Alolan forms
- All gen 1 & 2 Pokémon (apart from legendaries and fossil pokémon) are available before beating the league, and most gen 3 & 4 pokémon aside from the Sinnoh fossils, Spiritomb, and some legendaries.
- Lyra is replaced entirely by Kris!
- Gold/ Kris will now act like a rival with new dialogue and a few battles throughout the game!
- Variety. Remember back in the original SoulSilver when you would find a trainer with 5 Pidgeys or when you fought Lance and he had 3 Dragonites? That won’t happen anymore, trainers will have more varied teams and Pokémon that didn’t appear much previously will do now.
- Increased difficulty. All boss trainers have improved teams with better movesets and
starting from the 4th gym all trainers will have increased levels. This means Kanto should be more of a challenge now! The difficulty is intended to be somewhere in between vanilla SoulSilver and StormSilver.
- The Hack should work on flashcards like the R4!
- All Pokémon have their base stats updated to their Gen 6 stats.
- Some Pokémon have slightly altered stats, typing, and movesets in order to make them more usable, to add more type variety, or just because it makes sense. Examples include Dragon-Bug Yanmega, Beedrill having slightly higher stats, and learning Megahorn at later levels. These changes aren’t as drastic as other hacks like Project rebooted.
- Some moves have been edited to be more usable. Notably, HMs are now actually better in battle so they don’t hinder your Pokémon as much. For example, Rock smash has increased pp and 100% chance to lower defense and Flash is now an electric type special move with 20 power, 95 accuracies, 100% chance of lower accuracy, and has priority.
- Easier Evolution. If a Pokémon has an evolution/pre-evolution introduced in gen 3/4 it’ll be available pre-league and all evo items can be obtained in new ways. In addition, any evolutions will be possible without having to trade.
- The type chart has been edited a little to help balance the game. Most notably Ice type is now immune to ice and resists water/ ground attacks
- New overworld events!
- The shiny rate increased from 1/8192 to 1/2048 (although it seems to be even higher than this!)
- Some pokémon will have custom shiny color palettes!
- GB sounds from the start of the game
- The game corner has changed prizes and cheaper prices
- Early exp. share
- Removed the catching tutorial
- Repels and Max Repels now last slightly longer and Max Repels are cheaper
- Some characters have their dialogue altered a little to be slightly more memorable or to explain features like alolan forms
- Plus more small features! I don’t want to spoil everything :]
- Increased Difficulty.
- Alolan Forms.
- Galarian Forms.
- Kris Character Instead Of Lyra.
- All Pokemons Have Gen 6 Stats.
- More Balanced Type Chart.
- Get 1 Shiny Pokemon At Per 2048 Encounters.
- GB Sounds.
- Early Exp Share.
- Galarian Forms For Kanto Birds.
- Shadow Lugia.
- More QOL Features!
- The move tutor, move deleter, and other NPCs at the bottom of Pokémon centers mention that free move reminders are available at the bottom of every pokémon center
- Fixed a bug where Groudon and Kyogre weren’t holding their respective plates when caught
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to freeze upon encountering Cresselia
- Fixed Unown’s learnset
- Fixed a bug where some of Cynthia’s Mt. Silver dialogue was skipped
- Fixed a bug where sometimes Cynthia in the Ruins of Alph would not recognize that you had caught all 3 lake guardians unless you caught Uxie twice
- Move reminders will now function as normal when you talk to them for the first time
- Fixed a glitch where some move reminders wouldn’t work at all
- Fixed a minor typo in Steven’s Mt. Silver text
- An NPC in the Goldenrod DPT store no longer incorrectly mentions getting Abra in the Game Corner
- Credited myself (DracAndre) on the title screen
- Your current version will now be displayed next to continue in the main menu
- The IV Checker in Cherrygrove City is now fully functional
- Glalie, Bronzor, Bronzong, and Froslass can now learn weather ball
- Female Shiny Garchomp will now use the correct follower sprites
- Professor Oak will now mention the correct version during the intro
- All Move reminders should now work
- The blackthorn move tutor now has more clear text if you don’t have heart scales
- Marowak can now learn shadow claw through ™
- In 1.3 you would not be able to obtain the Charmander gift if Totodile was your starter. If you encountered this bug, please go to the compatibility man in the Assembly Plaza (where the GTS was) and select 1.2 to fix the issue.