- Creator: daninrl
- Version: Beta v0.5
- Hack of: Emerald
- Updated: April 2022
Pokemon Emerald DX is a GBA ROM Hack by daninrl based on Pokemon Emerald. And it is now available to download. It was last updated in April 2022.
Also, be sure to try out Pokemon Emerald Enhanced
Pokemon Emerald DX is an enhanced version of the classic GBA adventure, seeking to provide a satisfying blend of mechanical improvements while remaining true to the original game. With upgraded art, quality of life improvements, and some new mechanics, you’ll get to experience the Hoenn region in a brand new light!
Major Quality of Life / Mechanical Changes
- Fairy type has been added, along with a few moves to support it.
- The Physical/Special split was implemented
- Badge boosts were removed
- EXP share is now a Key Item that affects the entire party, but is also able to be toggled on/off.
- EXP is granted when capturing Pokemon.
- Pokemon that received stat boosts in Gen 6 & 7 had their stats upgraded.
- Pokemon that evolve via trade can now be evolved with items as well.
- TMs are infinite. As a result, some shop inventory and the Pickup ability had their rewards adjusted.
- Plenty of smaller adjustments and bug fixes.
- The PokeDex has been expanded slightly, and is now an even 400. The new Pokemon added are primarily Eevelutions and some cross-gen evolutions (but not all) to buffer some of the less common types. In a future update, I may add Alolan forms.
- All 400 Pokemon can be acquired in a single playthrough. No trading is necessary!
- The National Dex is available from the start.
- Following Pokemon!
- A Day / Night cycle has been added, and Pokemon encounter rates change based on time of day.
- A Move Deleter and specialty shops can be found at POKEMON LEAGUE SERVICES, replacing the Wireless Club in most PokeCenters.
- Mints have been added to control Pokemon nature.
- Vitamins now directly increase IVs, and Supplements have been introduced to decrease IVs (if you want to tailor your Hidden Power).
- All Mystery Gift event content is accessible in-game via new sequences in the postgame.
- A DOJO has been added to Slateport City. You can challenge these trainers to EV train.
- Various Daily events from NPCs to provide items or gifts.
- Red, Blue, and Leaf make minor appearances, and are available daily for post-game battles.
- NEW! The first STRAND TYPE Pokemon game – deliver PARCELS for the Petalburg Post to earn some extra cash every day!
- NEW! Ferry trainers are now available for rematches on every trip as an alternative way to grind EXP postgame.
- GEN 4 style sprites: I’ve always found the gen 3 sprites unappealing, and I find that the gen 4 style sprites match well with the aesthetic of Gen 3 tilesets without feeling too large.
- Battle Backgrounds: Full art backgrounds replace the floating tiles.
- Following Pokemon: Some of the larger Pokemon may look odd following you, and some people may not be fans, so followers can be toggled on/off in your options!
Update Log – Beta v.0.5
(4/5): Big update. See releases for notes! Recommended to update, saves *should* remain compatible.
(4/3, yet again): Corrected an issue with New Mauville buttons that prevented progress! This one’s critical; highly recommend updating, and your saves should remain compatible!
(4/3, again): Corrected an issue with Lilycove city, and fixed town encounter tables.
(4/3): Corrected an issue with Lanette.