Download Pre-Patched Pokemon Shining Opal GBA ROM Hack
- Creator: diegoisawesome
- Version: Unofficial Update 17/07/23 by hacksrepairman
- Hack of: FireRed
- Updated: July 17, 2023
Pokemon Shining Opal is a GBA Rom Hack by diegoisawesome based on Pokemon Fire Red in English. And it is now available to download. It was last updated on July 17, 2023.
Also, be sure to check out Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Fire
Update by hacksrepairman
This continued beta is based on the most recent beta that the creator was working on. And thanks to the creator, I learned so much about how the game was supposed to be, so I did my best to finish the rest of the part that the creator didn’t finish. I was able to fully utilize all of the ideas mentioned by the creator. Hopefully, I’ve brought the game closer to its intended state. Unfortunately, there is one thing that differs from the original plans, and that is the Day/Night system, which caused too many glitches and had to be disabled to make the game stable.
Credits to jiangzhengwen for the double battle system fix, thctbm for testing the game, and Fangking Omega for the new tiles.
You are a young person living in Goldenrod City. To be a Pokémon Trainer has always been your dream, and now it’s FINALLY going to come true on your tenth birthday. A new professor, Professor G. Oak, set up his lab in a far-away place called Lake Zigger. Your mom is finally letting you get your first Pokémon, a choice between three Fire-type Pokémon, so you get on a boat and head to Lake Zigger. Once you get there, however, there are a few problems… You’re late, a lost passenger, and a package at the Pokémon Mart delay your arrival at the lab even further, and you have no idea how to get there in the first place!
As you finally make it into the lab, you go down the stairs. Suddenly, some kid comes in to get HIS Pokémon an entire day early! Somebody else had arrived before you and taken the Charmander, and then this new kid steals away Cyndaquil! Torchic is the only Pokémon left now, so you go and take it. Suddenly, the kid challenges you to a battle, after which you proceed to leave town. Suddenly, there’s a FLASH, and your Torchic’s been replaced by some unknown Pokémon, but, seeming as the Professor ran out of the lab right past you, you have to continue.
As you leave Lake Zigger, you encounter somebody from an organization you’d never heard of. Presumably, he was sent to Lake Zigger to steal that strange Pokémon you had, but he runs away after he gets beaten. You didn’t know that the evil team will do anything to get that Pokémon, including some very un-evil-team-ish things. Not only this, there are many more things that will sidetrack you from your Rinto Pokémon League quest than just a bunch of crazy people.
The ability to have many Secret Bases, insane twists in the plot that even I didn’t expect, cameo appearances by random people, saving the real world from a catastrophe (as well as the Pokémon world, obviously), some odd times when you just aren’t yourself, and realizing the importance of the number 42 are a few of the crazy things that happen to you on your journey throughout the region of Rinto.
- New region- Rinto
- New rivals
- New gym challenges
- Interactive storyline
- Lots of ASM
- Fixed some text errors, the glitch which prevented the Elite Four events from resetting was fixed. Also, the items being sold in the fan club became more expensive.
- Fixed some more glitches, including the glitch which makes Power Plant unaccessible.
- Fixed some more minor glitches, also, thanks to jiangzhengwenjzw, after you got the pokegear, you’ll be able to view the town map by pressing r, which is the only actual working function for the pokegear.
- Fixed some more glitchy events, also, Teleport is no longer a field move to prevent some glitches from occurring.
- Deleted the in-battle day/night system completely.
- Also, the rival battle music could be wrong at times, that was fixed as well.
- Additional fix: Two swimmers in Klindor City lacked dialogue, this was also fixed.
Fixed the following bugs/glitches:
- The elevator of the department store didn’t work.
- Some more events lacked scripts.
- The wrong tileset of Gelan Town.
Fixed the following bugs/glitches:
- Some events didn’t have proper scripts.
- Some more movement errors.
- Phantom Bush glitches.
diegoisawesome, narutoactor, konekodemon, Jambo51, linkandzelda, Clonex25, HackMew, UltramasterBDX, Mastermind_X, interdpth, ZodiacDaGreat, prime_dialga, Full Metal