Download Pokemon PS: The First Journey RPGXP FanGame
- Creator: AenaonDusky
- Version: 10.10
- Updated: December 29, 2023
- Length: 6-8 hours, Oak’s part, 6-9 hours Red’s part
Pokemon PS: The First Journey is an RPGXP FanGame by AenaonDusky made using Pokemon Essentials & RPG Maker XP. in English. And it is now available to download. It was last updated on December 29, 2023.
Also, be sure to check out Pokemon Astra Adventures 2
The game has received a huge update! Version 10 is out now!
PS: The First Journey
A swan song to the older generations who started with the originals, and a novel, thrilling, emotional story for the newer generations!!
Experience “Generation 0” where it all began – witness Professor Oak’s first journey across the Kanto Region – and after you are done, follow Red’s Journey to Johto, 40 years later, in search of a very important person!
Two adventures in one! Instead of a traditional postgame, you’ll get to experience a new story, throughout a challenging Johto, in the shoes of the (second) strongest Trainer in the world! Follow Red’s Journey to redemption after a devastating and humiliating loss to Ethan (Gold). Witness his transformation from loneliness to maturity, as he traverses Johto together with a cast of familiar characters.
For details about the post-game (Red’s Journey West) visit their official thread on RelicCastle
1947 Kanto is a rapidly developing region. The term “trainer” is somewhat recent, with most people in the creature business referring to themselves as “tamers.” They fight for money, have the right to catch another Pokémon from Tamer if they win, and generally inflict a lot of suffering on the inhabitants.
A “creature fever” overtook the country after Kantians learned to construct capsules (Poké Balls) out of Apricorns. Young people have been seduced by the rush to earn quick money, put obligations aside, and enjoy unprecedented freedom and strength. Students began dropping out of school, and gangs swiftly developed, despite the elders’ regular objections.
You are tasked in this chaotic setting with bringing to Kanto (and the entire “Pokémon” nation)… not a set of rules, not a new kind of fight, but an entire infrastructure that will ultimately be accountable for the construction of modern customs. coaches in the way we know them Will you be able to restore law and order to the region, or will the Kanto wilds overpower you?
- Inspired by the beta versions of Red and Green, (Trainers using whips, an economy based on Pokémon, initial knowledge or concepts that have been discarded, Pokémon being closer to natural organisms than multiverse mythological multi-beings).
- Kanto visually remastered closer to how it was in gen 1 (hey, no nostalgia here, don’t go the genwunner route, kthxbye). For example, Route 1 has fields on both sides, not trees like in Generation 3. Kanto is much more rural, as depicted in older artwork.
- Man-made items are practically non-existent, you need to make Apricorns Poké Balls (an unrealistic time system means you can convert a ball relatively quickly), find berries or roots, and generally, be thrifty-minded. You can buy Pokemon, but you cannot sell them.
- Establish the first gyms and first league, taking down groups of tamers whose activities can sometimes be… reprehensible
- The only known evolution method is “level-up” evolution. At least for those who know that Pokemon can even evolve in the first place…
- Many Pokemon that are known to be rare today, are ubiquitous in this era. Well, not as ubiquitous, but much easier to find.
- Access your “Storage Boxes” from the menu. Well, computers don’t exist yet, at least in Kanto, and there’s no restriction forcing teleportation into your… balls… if you have more than six of them. Then you can just put those extra mons inside your bag.
- Organize your resources carefully. Berries aside, they are limited, and losing a battle means losing a lot of money. Healing services are rare and expensive.
- A modified HGSS soundtrack, with some OG tracks in the mix, aims to replicate the OG feeling of Kanto music in an authentic way. What would the soundtrack look like back then, if it wasn’t constrained by GB’s audio hardware?
- Discover the pasts of various characters, from Koga to Bertha, and witness the transformation of a ragtag, loose group of tamers into gym leaders.
- A gripping story that explains Oak’s past and his role in every future coach’s journey.
- Autoheal from Menu in RJW
- Save Backups
- Consistent AI
- More Traveling Shortcuts (TFJ)
- Grinding completely unrequited
- Balance Candies bring up a weak party mon to the EXACT same level as your strongest party mon (RJW)
- Pokemon Level up only by Leveling up
- EXP. All and Lucky Egg are available
- No EVs or IVs are taken into account
- Encounters can be disabled after a certain point
- beta, Intended, and Later Evolutions Included
- All Pokemon are viable
- All Pokeballs function like Master Ball in RJW
- Encounter chances for rare Pokemon is the same as the rest of the Pokemon
- Access to Infinite Pokeballs after a certain point
- Encounter List unlocked from the start. Simply select “Encounters” form the Menu.
Red’s Journey West
In Red’s Journey West, you will be faced with harder (than usual) fights. If you are competent in competitive, they will be a walk in the park – otherwise, since they were designed to teach non-competitive players how to adapt to the scene, you will come out with greater confidence in your skills, as a result. So don’t fret, and approach your choices with a tactical mind!
Find out the truth about Red’s missing brother, and the events that transpired between Red’s loss and his arrival in the West, in this emotional journey about the process of coming of age, in a time when traditional family structures have started falling apart.
On a fateful day, on the very peak of Mt. Silver, Red was dealt a decisive blow – a newcomer from Johto, with 16 badges, swept his team with ease. To someone like Red, who had never lost a battle before, it felt like the world had ended. After running away with his tail between his legs, he stumbled upon an old friend, who gave him a letter mentioning a potentially important person to Red. With purpose anew, our protagonist finally descends Route 26, and travels to Johto in search of him.
- The game’s difficulty has been made with introducing non-competitive players to competitive tactics, in mind!
- Beta Johto content restored! Caves, routes, and a Town!
- Starters given dual typing (yeah, cliche, I know) almost all competitively “insignificant” mons buffed
- A quick-paced adventure that respects your time! Useful additions to overcome grinding
- Beta mons that got cut, in the form of corresponding later gen mons
- Secret mons for those who care about them
- more than 100 animated portraits!
- remastered and original tracks (stadium 1 and 2, colosseum, HGSS)
You might also like:
Please note that if you had started playing on any version below v10, your saves won’t be compatible. If, however, you had already finished Oak’s part, and updated shortly after having started Red’s part, you may use the save file linked below.
It will start you right at the beginning of RJW. (v10 compatible)
AenaonDusky and Team, Nintendo & Gamefreak, Pokemon Essentials