Download Pre-Patched Pokemon R.O.W.E. GBA ROM
- Creator: rioluwott
- Version: v1.9.4
- Hack of: Emerald
- Updated: October 4, 2023
Pokemon R.O.W.E is a GBA ROM Hack by rioluwott based on Pokemon Emerald. And it is now available to download. It was last updated on October 4, 2023.
Also, be sure to try out Pokemon Exceeded
Pokemon R.O.W.E is an attempt to create an open-world Pokemon Emerald with QoL changes and a high replay value, with diverse team building as the primary goal.
- Explore the region in any order you want.
- Gen 8
- Following Pokémon
- Tons of QoL Changes to get your team without having to Breed to get good Ivs/Abilities
- Egg Move Tutor
- Chose between 9 starters or get one randomly.
- 3 Different Game Difficulties – Easy, Normal, and Hard
- Regional Music Options(Chose between Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh Music)
- Randomized Mode
- Double Battle Mode(Every fight is a Double Battle)
- Inverse Mode(Inverted type chart)
- Perfect Ivs Mode(everything has 31 ivs)
- No Evs mode(Nothing has evs)
- Random Party Mode
- Little Cup-like mode
- No need for HMs
- In-Game Wonder Trades
- Nature Mints
- A way to change the Poke Balls of already caught Mons
- Pokémon from all the 8 Gens
- AutoRun Options
- Up to 120 Tms
- Physical/Special Split(This can be removed by an In-game Mode)
- Daily Gym Leader Rematches
- Level scaling based on your number of badges with an evolution system for both trainers and wild Pokémon
- Re-Usable TMs
- Mega Evolutions
- Find rare Pokémon with the DexNav. (by ghoulslash’s)
- Gen 8 Flying Taxis from the beginning. (by surskitty)
- Name Rater, Move Reminder, Move Deleter and Iv checker on all the Pokémon Centers.
- Decapitalized Text. (by Wyrserth and AsparagusEdu)
- Press B to Surf faster. (by ghoulslash)
- Pokémon Clover Soft Level Cap in Hard Mode (by PokémonCrazy)
- Gen 7 Daycare System
- A beautiful and useful Pokedex. (by TheXaman)
- Gen 6 Exp.Share that you can always turn off (by Lunos)
- Fly without the need for the move by having a Pokémon that could learn it in your party (by Buffelsaft)
- Eon Flute
- And more…
- Changed how STAB works, now it will give a 1.25 boost to each move if the Pokémon is a dual-typed mon and 1.5 if it’s a single type
- Added a move boost that makes the move more powerful depending on how many mons you have of the same type in the attacker party like if you have 3 Pokémon(excluding the mon that uses the move) that are ghost type and your mon uses a shadow ball, for example, it will get between a 1.3 boost or 1.6 depending on if the other mons are single typed or dual typed
- Added a move boost that makes the move less powerful depending on how many mons you have of the same type in the target party, like if you have 3 Pokémon(excluding the mon that receives the move) that are Rock-type and the attacker uses a Stone Edge, for example, the move will become around between 85% and 70% less powerful depending on the number of types each mon has
- Added a move that disables these changes
- Added a Random Type Mode where every Pokemon changes its type to a random one based on its personality so there can be a Bulbasaur that it’s a Fire-type and another that it’s Fire-type
- Added a Random Ability Mode, which gives every Pokemon a random ability that changes depending on the Pokemon’s personality
- Added a Random Third Type Mode, which gives every Pokemon a random third type while maintaining the first 2 types intact
- Added a No Mega Mode, this disables Mega Evolution
- New Signature Moves
- Frosslass’s Hex can Freeze the target and becomes a physical or special move depending on the highest stat
- Gourgeist’s Will-o-Wisp gives the target the Ghost-Type
- Lanturn’s Water Pulse gives the target the Water-Type
- Lapras Surf becomes a Water and Ice-Type Move that has a chance of freezing the target
- Trevenant’s Wood Hammer now becomes a Grass and Ghost-type move and gives the target the ghost type when used
- Bibarel and Bidoof Hyper Fang now ignores defense boosts on the target on top of the changes currently in games(It’s SE against Grass Types)
- Spiritom’s Hex can Burn the target and becomes a physical or special move depending on the highest stat
- Scrafty’s Low Kick has a 30% chance of taunting the target for 2 turns
- Toxicroak’s Sucker Punch has a 30% chance of taunting the target for 2 turns
- Gyarado’s Thrash becomes a Flying-type move and becomes a Dark-type move if it’s mega evolved
- Torterra’s Wood Hammer has a chance of flinching the target
- Typhlosion’s Eruption now has an small chance of setting up the Sun
- Ludicolo’s Teeter Dance always sets up the Rain(Rain dance was previously its signature move, it was changed for this)
- Pikachu’s Family Volt Tackle now has an small chance to set up Electric Terrain
- Ampharos Discharge has a medium chance of setting up Electric Terrain and has a Power of 95
- Florges Moonblast has a medium chance of setting up Misty Terrain and has a Power of 100
- Lucario’s Aura Sphere now changes its category depending if you have higher attack or special attack and uses the highest one
- Xatu’s Future Sight now sets up Psychic terrain and has a priority of 1
- Bellossom’s Petal Dance was changed to have a 50% chance of raising the speed of the user and always sets Grassy Terrain
- Palossand’s Shore Up has a 20% chance of setting up a Sandstorm
- Delibird’s Present now sets up Hail on top on becoming an Ice-Type move
- New Ability: Steel eater, boost the user defense when hit by a steel type move, it was given to Aggron family
- New Ability: Insect eater, boosts the user attack when hit by a bug type move, it was given to Carnivine
- Added the ability wind rider and gave it to Shiftry
- Changed Empoleon’s hidden ability from Defiant to Competitive
- Grassy glide got nerfed to 60BP
- Gave shadow bone to Cubone as an egg move
- Gave some new moves to Carnivine and buffed it’s stats
- Gave Will-o-Wisp to Shiftry
- Now you can buy Eviolites, Everstones, and Destiny knots in Rustboro
- A lot of signature move changes. (Read the changelog linked in the useful stuff section for detailed information on the changes.)
- Other changes I forgot about
- Added the functionality for these next abilities:
- Sand Spit
- Perish Body
- Wandering Spirit
- Cotton Down
- Pastel Veil
- Curious Medicine
- Steam Engine
- Transitor (No obtainable Pokémon has this ability)
- Dragon’s Maw(No obtainable Pokémon has this ability)
- Power Spot
- Punk Rock
- Steely Spirit
- Reworked Justified, now it will boost the highest attack stat if hit by a Dark, Ghost, or Dragon-type and will get reduced damage from those types
- Reworked Anger Points, now it will boost the highest attack stat if hit by a contact move(and removed the critical move stuff)
- Reworked Curious Medicine, it will remove the stats changes from all the Pokémon in battle and will work in singles too
- Gave Steam Engine to Volcanion as a Secondary Ability
- Gave Anger Points to Beedrill, Granbull,
- Gave Sand Spit to Onix and Steelix as a hidden ability
- Gave Justified to Doublade and Honedge, Sirfetch and both Farfetch’d forms
- Gave Cotton Down to Altaria and Swablu
- Changed Seviper and Zangoose signature moves to hit super effectively to Normal and Poison types respectively
- Fixed Signature moves changing the physical and special split from moves still using the normal attacking stat causing them to be less effective
- Fixed the game crashing if you tried to receive the Daycare ditto with a full party
- Fixed the RGB Values in options only going up to 8 instead of 9
- Other misc changes and fixes
You might also like:
- Where can I find [Evolution Stone]?
– All the evolution items are sold in Lilycove Dept after you get 4 badges.
- Are every Pokémon Available in this game?
– Every Pokémon is available in some form with the exceptions of some Mythicals and Legendaries that are going to be added to the game in a future update.
- What is the Surprise Me Option in the starter selection?
– It gives you any First Stage Pokémon randomly(the only exceptions are mythical and legendaries).
- How can I evolve Pokémon that evolve by trade?
– Go to the Name Rater house in Slateport, talk to the Tradeback Guy, and chose the Pokémon you want to evolve.
- How many badges do I need to use the Egg Move Tutor or the TM Move Tutor on every Pokémon Center?
– For the Egg Move Tutor, you need 6 badges and for the TM Move Tutor, you need 8.
- Can I change my Pokémon Abilities/Natures?
– Yes, to change the ability of your Pokémon for the other normal Ability you need an Ability Capsule that can be bought in Oldale Town in the house behind the Pokémon Center, and for a Hidden ability you need an Ability Patch, you can get it in Pacifidlog Town in exchange for 1 Yellow Shard
- How does [Pokémon] Evolves
– You can check the in-game Pokédex to see how the Pokémon Evolves and a lot of other useful information(Base Stats, Abilities, Movesets, Ev Yield, etc).
- What is the shiny rate in this game?
– The Shiny Rate is the same as Vanilla emerald but if you want to shiny hunt, I highly recommend using the DexNav.
- What Mythicals/Legendaries are obtainable?
– Articuno, Moltres, Mew, Entei, Ho-oh, Lugia, Registeel, Regice, Regirock, Latios, Latias, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Heatran, and Shaymin
rioluwott, AsparagusEdu, Lunos, PokemonCrazy, ghoulslashns, TheXaman, surskitty, Diego Mertens, WiserVisor, Dizzyegg, Pyredrid, Buffelsaft, Sapphire Jester