Download Pre-Patched Pokemon Emerald Z GBA ROM Hack
- Creator: absol_89
- Version: 1.1.0
- Hack of: Emerald
- Updated: February 9, 2024
Pokemon Emerald Z is a Pokemon GBA Rom Hack by absol_89 based on Pokemon Emerald in English. And It is now available to download. It was last updated on February 9, 2024.
Also, be sure to try out Pokemon Extreme Red!
You are a young trainer who has a special passion for the Dragon-type. When you were young, you dreamed about becoming a Dragon Trainer someday. After a long time, you have grown up. You start to search and capture many of the strongest Dragon Pokemon that are available now. Well, the time is still long and there is so much to do.
What the game is and is not
What it is: A Pokémon Emerald hack that includes over 100 Fakemon with thoughtful designs and high-quality sprites, a carefully curated Pokédex, shuffled Gym Leaders, buffs for weak Pokémon, some new maps, and a lot of love.
What it is not: a difficulty hack, an all-Pokémon hack, a quality-of-life hack, a source of free Fakemon, a peanut-free product, a blood sacrifice to the dark god Ba’al, an illustrated guide to cold fusion, or anything related to Elon Musk.
The features of this hack include, but are not limited to:
- A Pokédex of 500 Pokémon, chosen from generations 1-9, with a large variety of my own Fakemon added in. These Fakemon have full, detailed learnsets, quality sprites, interesting concepts that lend themselves to the unique gameplay, icon sprites, and custom cries.
- Many buffs to weak Pokémon, as well as customized learnsets. These include Fur Coat Furret, Anticipation Golisopod, Electric Surge Electrode, Psychic / Ghost Chimecho, Noxious Torque Revavroom, and a non-terrible way to access Zen Mode Darmanitan.
- Your usual modern battle mechanics, which is to say the physical/special split, Fairy-type, the stuff you don’t need to be told about and which I can’t honestly tout as a feature.
- There are no Mega Evolutions or other gimmicks.
- 12-character Pokémon names and 16-character Ability and move names, because we’ve put up with Fletchindr and StmpngTantrm for too long.
- New moves and Abilities.
- 99 TMs. TMs, for balance reasons, are single-use but remain accessible.
- More interesting and useful replacements to the Battle Tents. In Slateport is a TM fan club, where new copies of TMs you’ve discovered can be made. In Verdanturf is an old, abandoned manor where Ghost-type Pokémon lurk. In Fallarbor is a Hyper Training station where you can maximize your Pokémon’s IVs.
- Trick House now leads to the Trick Forest.
- All Gym Leaders and Elite Four members have been shuffled around, so your team will be tested in different ways. Gym puzzles are not overhauled but have at least token modifications to make them more fitting.
- There is a Shiny Charm immediately accessible in your room, which can also be removed at any time. This is specifically because, as a Fakemon hack, I want people to be able to find shinies of the new Pokémon.
- Something happened in Altering Cave.
- Difficulty was not a primary focus of this hack, so there are no level caps or competitive movesets. I would still say the game is more difficult than the main series games; the AI is generally smarter, there are still some mean moves, and of course there’s no holds barred on the secret postgame boss. Trainer Pokémon generally don’t have EVs until the endgame; before then, Gym Leader Pokémon will have some HP EVs to make them more durable, but that’s it.
- Almost no Pokémon are fully locked to lategame. If you know how to find them, you can get almost every Pokémon in the hack before gym 3.
- The ruins that once held the Regis are now accessible from the start, and have all-new puzzles.
- Winning big at the Game Corner is much easier.
- The game is currently complete through to the Champion fight. Postgame is inaccessible. Battle Frontier will maybe someday be a thing, says literally every Emerald hack ever made.
- Cramorant is here.
The recommended emulator is mGBA, but it should also work on VBA and on cart. Several bugs have been reported on the MyBoy emulator, so you might not wanna use that.