Download Pre-Patched Pokemon SourCrystal GBC ROM Hack
- Creator: SoupPotato
- Version: 4.0
- Hack of: Crystal
- Updated: January 2, 2024
Pokemon Sour Crystal is a GBC ROM Hack by SoupPotato based on Pokemon Crystal in English. And it is now available to download. It was last updated on January 2, 2024.
Also, be sure to check out Pokemon FireRed Reimagined
Pokemon Sour Crystal is an ‘improvement hack’ of Pokemon Crystal that has been 5 years in the making, created with the mindset of updating Crystal to current-gen standards but without losing the nostalgic feel of the original. The hack has many features that may make playing it more comfortable for newer players such as the “PPS” system (Pokeride).
- 200+ new animated front sprites with updated palettes
- Dark Type is now physical and Ghost is now Special (phys/spec split is NOT present)
- Trade evolutions now evolve by ‘using’ said item or via using a ‘Covenant Orb’
- Updated movepools/basestats for many Pokemon that reflect up to Gen 8
- Updated attacks/effects/basepower/accuracy that reflects up to Gen 8
- Addition of routes 47/48 and cliff cave from HGSS
- A somewhat different Yellow Forest taken from Polished Crystal
- Kanto region has been expanded to 1:1 in size with its appearance in Gen 1
- The New Pokegear app allows the player to summon a specific pokemon to use HM moves in the overworld
- Reusable TMs
- Levels increased to be similar to HGSS’ curve
- Fruit Trees have been split into ‘Berry Trees’ and ‘Apricorn Trees’
- Kurt now gives the Player their finished Apricorn Balls immediately
- Apricorn Balls now have their own unique palettes in battle
- The Odd Egg now has a 50% of hatching a Shiny
- Viridian Forest/Seafoam Islands/Cerulean Cave have been added from HGSS
- Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres/Mewtwo can now be obtained in the same locations as in HGSS
This Hack DOES NOT include:
- Following Pokémon
- Physical/Special Split
- No gen3+ Pokémon
- No fakemon or beta mons
Save files are compatible but make sure you keep a backup and save inside a Pokemon center.
- Falkner now states that TMs are reusable
- Pokedex now plays the correct cry when CRY is selected
- A Scope Lens is now found in Cerulean Cave (replaces Carbos)
- Mary now gives a BrightPowder instead of a Silk Scarf when you rescue her from Team Rocket
- Radios in houses now trigger swarms correctly
- YELLOW FOREST and all references to it have been removed.
- The Safari Zone gate from HGSS has been added.
- An all-new, fully-functioning SAFARI ZONE has been added to the game. Multiple pokemon not native to Johto can be found here.
- Big thanks here to PiaCRT and Luna for all the help. Could not have done it without them.
SoupPotato, Rangi, pfero