Download Pre-Patched Pokemon Wally Quest GBA ROM
- Creator: Sofie
- Version: v1.0
- Hack of: Emerald
- Updated: October 17, 2022
Pokemon Wally Quest is a GBA ROM Hack by Sofie based on Pokemon Emerald in English. And it is now available to download. It was last updated on October 17, 2022.
Also, be sure to check out Pokemon Bondage
A simple, plot-centric game based on RHH’s battle engine. The story is based on Emerald and ORAS, with additions to the main plotline, a new rival/antagonist, sidequests, and post-game episodes. There is also a bit of a catch-them-all subtheme.
Play as Wally, go out and explore Hoenn, make friends and save the world!
This ROMhack is an alternate reality with Wally as the protagonist.
- Longer pre-E4 plot up to lv85
- Additional rival/antagonist
- Delta and other post-game “episodes”
- Additional side “quests”, mostly to unlock other Pokemon
- Various adjusted NPC dialogue, e.g. daily egg, and berry givers, Professors
Some interpretations based on questions from the mainstream games:
- What if Maxie and Archie had used the correct Orbs?
- What drove the meteoroid toward Hoenn?
- What did Wally’s dad want to tell Wally after the 5th Gym?
- RHH’s Battle-Engine features, such as physical/special split, Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, etc
- All Pokemon, movesets, TMs, and Move Tutors up to Gen VII, up to and including Melmetal
- More double battles. Gym Leader and E4 rematches, as well as some boss fights, will be doubles
- All Pokemon have “perfect IVs”
- NPC opponents have EVs and natures
- Gym Guides offer “battles” for fast leveling
- EV-training NPCs: Unlockable through side events
- EVs used as Contest conditions
- Ability changer in Devon after 5th badge
- Soft level cap
- Other various QoL improvements
- Gen VIII Pokemon
- Alternate patch with type, stat and move changes
- Difficulty improvements (please feedback)
The main Pokemon changes are regarding evolution. I was/am working on an alternate patch with type/stat/move/ability changes, but decided to keep it simple first.
This ROMhack is intended to be Nuzlocke-able with diversity in each replay, although some battles are not friendly. Prof Oak’s challenges are hindered by the soft-level cap, so recommend adjusting the rules based on that. Single-Pokemon runs are not possible in the current version, as a story point requires more than 1 Pokemon in the party.
This isn’t a difficulty hack, but there are measures to raise the difficulty
- This game has unkind re-interpretations of the antagonists (existing Pokemon characters).
- While I believe I’ve avoided sensitive content, some antagonists’ speeches are intended to irk/may be inappropriate to others
- Some creepypasta is referenced.
- The story is dark at times
Tested on mGBA-0.9.3 and VBA-M
- Nintendo and GameFreak for Pokemon Emerald
- Pret for the decompilation
- RHH for the Battle Engine
- -Cancer Fairy
- -Everyone else who’d contributed
- The Pokecommunity forums for their instructions and modifications
- -Slawter666’s dynamic overworld palette + auto-reflection
- -ghoulslash’s Follow Me
- -Pyredrid’s Surfboard
- -Xhyzi for custom introductory screen
- -CyanSMP64 for DPPT, HGSS and BW music
- Padz and ShantyTown/Yenatch for the Porymap Map Editor
- Aveontrainer for multiple overworld sprites (Professors, stat trainers)
- Princess Phoenix for Mega Diancie overworld sprite
- Nephae on deviantart for Zinnia trainer sprite
- Unknown artist for title screen picture
- “Wally Quest” on title screen made with fontmeme.com
- Gen 1-7 Pokemon overworld sprites (various creators) from Reddi