Download Pre-Patched Pokemon AlteRed GBA ROM Hack
- Creator: kingfin128
- Version: v2.4
- Hack of: FireRed
- Updated: September 1, 2023
Pokemon AlteRed is a hack of Pokemon Fire Red but all the Pokemon have been replaced with alternate forms. And it is now available to download. It was last updated on September 1, 2023.
Also, be sure to try out Pokemon Hyper Emerald v5
- 411 all-original Alter Form Pokemon (Link)
- Adjusted level curve and difficulty
- Physical/Special split (no icons)
- Move deleter, move reminder, and name rater on the second floor of every Pokemon Center
- Moves from all eight generations, plus even some brand-new moves sprinkled in
- A number of Pokemon have received Sprite/Design Updates:
- Sykodactyl, Iolithe Line, Golbee Line, Festivyth Line, Sediple Line, Swarmute Line, Ohmory, Heratopus, Dolleep, Jovikrow Line, Sphealed Line, Eggperl Line, Smoochen Line, Solnova, Dichu Line, Nutot Line, Ledybark Line, Shruberak Line, Spectres
- A number of slight balance and moveset tweaks were made, mostly to line up with inconsistencies in the documentation.
AlteRed with Gun
- Same as above +
- A couple of new Pokemon have been added that are exclusive to AR with Gun Version… play the game to find them.
Current Known Bugs
- Mewzero will not obey commands due to a quirk in the game’s programming.
- The Town Map has not been properly updated to include the new areas; Flying from those locations is not advised.
- The moves Ice Fang and Ice Shard are able to be used in the field unintentionally.
- The graphics on the pause menu are slightly garbled, but the text can still be read. Marked as low priority.
- Similarly, the Pokedex can be very finicky; it is advised to save before perusing it.
- The NPC Cue Ball Paxton will crash the game if battled; his fight has been removed, but be aware of any fuckery upon arriving at Three Island.
For further troubleshooting, contact the developer Kingfin128 on Deviantart, or leave a message on this page’s Talk Page.